Inspired by The purple One himself, this vibrantly violet cocktail from NYC’s new The Horny Ram gets its color from butterfly pea flower tea.
When steeped with water, the tea turns bright blue, but when mixed with lemon juice, it changes to a dreamy purple. The drink’s flavor matches its floral color: Made with lavender syrup and mild New Amsterdam gin, it’s perfect for sipping in a spring garden (or at home in front of the TV). Feel free to play around with the color, adding more lemon juice for a brighter, pinker cocktail or more butterfly pea flower tea for a richer purple.
- Brew Blue Pea Flower Tea according to the label and let cool.
- Combine gin, tea, lemon juice and lavender syrup in a shaking tin.
- Fill halfway with ice and shake for five seconds.
- Strain into a Collins glass with fresh ice.
- Top with club soda and garnish with a lemon wheel.
This article was originally ublished on: